For those looking to sell your secondhand books to an online book buyer, here’s my review of Ziffit.com and my experience of selling books to them.
Ziffit Review: About the company
Ziffit are a UK company based in Sussex. They are the buying arm of the online book seller World of Books.
They score very well on TrustPilot, with almost 90% of Ziffit reviews earning a 4 or 5 star rating.
Entering your books
- You can scan the book with the app or enter isbns individually on the app or the website.
- You can’t bulk enter isbns.
- Ziffit’s system stores details of your offers in your basket. Books it didn’t offer on are not saved.
- Once an offer has been made, Ziffit’s system holds the basket indefinitely and updates the prices automatically until you either accept the sale or delete it.
Additional items Ziffit can buy
As well as books, Ziffit buy CD’s, DVD’s and video games (but not PC games).
Creating a trade
The minimum trade is 10 items or £5.
You must be at least 18 years old if you want to sell to Ziffit.
Items not accepted by Ziffit
- anything without an ISBN, EAN or barcode. NB Books do not have to have a barcode for Ziffit to accept them as long as they have a 10 or 13 digit ISBN/EAN code on the cover or inside the book.
- items with written marks, stains, rips or water damage
- books without their dust jacket where there was one originally
- books without extras that were originally included eg a CD or poster
What happens to rejected items?
Ziffit do not return rejected items. They are “disposed of in a responsible manner”.
If your package is under 5kg you’ll need to print off the free postage label and drop your box off at a Collect+ point.
Packages over 5kg are collected from you by courier. Ziffit will give you a choice of collection times.
Getting Paid by Ziffit
Ziffit pay via PayPal, bank credit transfer (BACS) or cheque.
Alternatively you can donate your proceeds to a UK charity via Ziffit’s partnership with Virgin Money Giving
Ziffit claim to process all payments within 3 days of acceptance of your items.
Bonuses & Offers at Ziffit:
Ziffit give occasional bonus payments for limited periods, typically an extra 15% on your items. Sign up with them or check out their social media to see any that come up.
Ziffit Review: My experience with Ziffit
I’ve made several trades with Ziffit, all processed quickly and with no issues. Payments were always in my account within a few days of the books leaving me.
Trade 1 – total time from creation to money received 9 days. All items accepted.
Trade 2 – total time from creation to money received 7 days. All items accepted.
Trade 3 – total time from creation to money received 8 days. One item unpaid (‘expired’).
Trade 4 – total time from creation to money received 8 days. All items accepted.
Ziffit Review – in Summary:
In my experience, Ziffit are efficient and honest. They collect your items on time and pay quickly. Their cash offers are competitive in comparison to similar websites and they offer on a good range of books.
See my reviews of other online book buyers in the UK
Comparison of price offers received from online book buyers